1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not necessarily. He wasn’t planned yet.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, a little over 2 years
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Surprised, but excited
4. (#4 was a stupid question!)
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Took a pregnancy test that had the lines, but I didn’t trust it so I bought another one that said pregnant. I took the first one at work and didn’t trust the result so bought another on the way home and took another one.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I came out and told Kevin I had another birthday present for him. He was making rice, and ended up burning it.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I was not about to wait.
9. DUE DATE? First it was November 20th, but after the ultrasound and measuring the baby they changed it to November 29th. Not cool.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I never threw up, I just didn’t feel good. I pretty much came home from work and laid on the couch the rest of the night.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I had a week of craving steak, and later another week of pickles. Kevin liked steak week, not a fan of the pickles.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Having to get up in the night to go to the bathroom. Not a fan!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? Boy! We almost didn’t find out, because he would not give us any shot. Finally, he flipped over and we caught a glimps.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. Girls will come later.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I think about 50.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yew. I had a co-ed shower given by Erin, and another shower given by Sherrie and Sariah (who were both dealing with their own morning sickness!)
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about both.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No, luckily.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? St. Mary’s here in Reno.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I started having contraction after Thanksgiving dinner, but slept those off. Then made my husband and brother-in-law attempt shopping on black Friday. We had to stop often for contractions. I got to the hospital at 8 pm, they emitted me at 9 (had to walk the halls for a while), got my epidural at 11ish, started pushing about 2 am, and he was born at 6:33 am.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Kevin.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Kevin and the doctors and a traveling nurse from Georgia that was with me all night. I got there just after her shift started and he was born right before she left.
23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION? Old fashion way plus drugs.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck yes! Peter was my favorite man. I got to see him twice since my epidural ran out. Kev was looking out for me and notified the nurses my bag was running low.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs. 7oz. The nurses kept asking if it was my giant in the nursery.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? November 24, 2007
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Jameson Kevin Brazell
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He is 16 months today!
Last week was such nice weather here. Then the weekend came and it snowed. Oh, well. We partook in the nice weather last week with an afternoon at the park. Jameson loved to chase Camden around, and then he took a break for some food with Tanner. He also discovered a new way to climb the slide.
Jameson was working hard with his dad on the Golden Dragon. Sometimes Dad’s don’t understand that oil doesn’t just wash off so easily or come out of clothes, but they had a good time.
Thursday was Kevin’s birthday. It was a crappy day for him, though, with work and a midterm. We still love him, and are so thankful he’s in our lives. In the previous post I mentioned a sewing project. I made Kevin his very own blanket to curl up on the couch with. And, he liked the fact that it is long enough to cover his feet when he stretches out. Yes, I did plan that.
Jameson got him some dinosaur jungle legos so they can play together. He got the blanket, survivorman, and a cheesecake from me.
On another note, Jameson has found his nostrils. He was eating his hotdog and ketchup the other night and had it every where. When Kev pulled out the camera to capture the ketchup in his eye, he decided he needed a better smell of the red stuff.
And that was our week last week.
Kevin had planned a trip to Costa Rica the end of February/ beginning of March. Jameson and I kept busy while he was away. We went and visited Gammy and Grandpa on the farm, and Jameson got to see all the baby lambs. Of course it was raining and really windy that day so we weren’t outside long. Jameson liked the peacocks more than the sheep this year. Last year he had no fear with the lambs, and this year he was a little reserved.
Trying to catch a lamb. Not an easy task with protective mothers.
Great-Grandma with the lamb…Â Â
The next day we headed over the hill to my mom’s. She even cleaned off the slide to bring in the house so Jmo would have something to play on all week.
Jameson LOVES the piano. He finds them at any house we are in. Unfortunately, we do not have one yet. He is finally big enough to climb on the bench himself. He loved to play piano with his Uncle Weston.
He also helped his grandma and I work on a sewing project. No, I am no seamstress so don’t expect anything more than a bag from me.
My brother is on the volleyball team so we got to go to a couple of his games. It was fun to see him play, and also frustrating. Their school only has enough players for a varsity team so considering that, they do really well. Compared to the varsity teams I watched while in highschool, it’s a big difference. It made me really want to play again, so if anyone wants to get together this summer, I’m down. Meanwhile, Jameson became a pro at climbing the bleachers. He climbed to the top and sat and watched for a while. He became completely enthralled in the game (for a little while at least).
It was also Weston’s 16th birthday on the 6th. Kevin got back on Thursday, and drove over Friday to help us celebrate. Jameson was so excited to finally see his dad. He had male withdrawls. There were a few days he was such a tyrant and would only calm down for his Grandpa Don. I was so excited to see Kevin also. I hope I never have to be a single parent that’s for sure. Weston had a party, and his band played.
He got lots of funny gifts along with good ones like his letterman’s jacket.
Saturday was a busy day with Junior Prom on the events schedule. Jenny looked beautiful for her date, and luckily we were there to see it.
Â and Jameson
We were also able to see Weston ordained as a priest on Sunday. Paul was also there, so all we were missing was Christina. We had a fun visit, but were grateful to be home and try and get life back to normal. Kevin does have some awesome pictures of Costa Rica I will try and get him to post.
And, when all is said and done at the end of the day, Jameson was wiped out. Very rarely does he cuddle with us so we take what we can get.
Here is your tag Sariah.
Ok so name 10 of your favorite things with the letter you were tagged with
Sariah tagged me with the letter “M”
1. Marriage (Most of the time it is a favorite thing)
2. Making out 🙂
5. “Ma” said by Jameson
7. my mom (that’s two “m’s” is that a bonus?)
8. milk chocolate
9. morning glories
I’ll tag you Brittany W. with the letter K